Access to Appointments
The new access requirements state that "patients should be offered an assessment of need, or signposting to an appropriate service at first contact with the practice.
This could be an appointment first with a Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Physio, Physician Associate, Community Pharmacy based on patients medical needs. And if you wish to wait for a GP appointment you may have wait a little longer.
All patients will be triaged by our trained care navigators in offering the most appropriate service to patients.
- offer on-the-day assessment by another clinician for cases perceived to be urgent
- offer assessment at another time by a clinician for cases relating to longer-term and non-urgent conditions
- signpost to another service where another service is appropriate e.g. mental health support, community services, community pharmacy
- signpost to 111, Urgent Treatment Centres or overflow hubs when capacity in the practice is reached.
- Use of eConsult or LIVI appointments.
When all appointments are booked ie.when safe clinical capacity is reached patients will be signposted to other settings as described above.
Please be kind to our staff they are doing their best to provide patient care.